As I mentioned before, I have a bit of a hobby of trying to make my own One Piece figures. And as asked for by redzero36, here are some pictures of them. I use Sculpey clay to try and do this. I’m sure that there are better ways of doing this but I’m too lazy to try and figure those ways out. Also, I’m not all that great at art and being creative so they are pretty simple.
First is a picture of all of them together with a real figure of Luffy.
As you can see, none of them are complete. I’m trying to keep them to scale with the real figures, which I try to find in scale with each other. Unfortunately, the tall one on the left isn’t to scale and I will have to completely redo it.
This first pack of individual pictures is of my attempt at Don Krieg.
This is one of my first attempts at figure making. The cracked back is due to me adding clay, not baking it, putting it in a box, forgetting about it, then finally rediscovering it later. This is a figure I plan on redoing from the beginning eventually.
This next pack is of my attempt at Kumadori.
This one is one of my first attempts and is the most complete of my early attempts. I’m not sure if I’ll redo this one from the beginning or try to fix it up.
This next pack is of my attempt at Jabra Zoan Form.
The first three pictures are actually of my re-attempt at this from a few months ago. The fourth pic is of my older attempt which I tried around the time of the above two. I thought that I was doing pretty well with the re-attempt at first but eventually I realized that I made it too big and decided to redo it from the beginning.
This next pack is of my attempt at Hatchan.
This is one where my skill had improved and I don’t plan on redoing this one from scratch. I just need to finish up a few things and it will be done. Sadly, this one has been at this stage for around six or more months. I just can’t find the motivation to finish this up. I’m more interested in the ones I’m working on right now.
This next pack is of my attempt at Ms. Doublefinger.
As good as this one looks, I’m thinking of redoing this one from scratch. I’m not really liking the paint job I did on this one. I plan on redoing this one with colored clay and I think it will look a whole lot better.
This next one is my attempt at Ohm.
This one is one that I don’t plan on redoing but it still needs a lot of work to finish it. This includes the arm, wings, sword and fixing the sunglasses. I also need to paint on the complex tattoo on the completed arm.
This next pack is of my attempt at Pica.
This is a heavy one. I screwed up on the painting of it. That’s why some of it looks crappy. I started trying to cover it up in colored clay today and I think its starting to look good. Also, it’s not as sticky with the colored clay as it is with the paint. Sadly one of the heels broke off so I plan on redoing the legs.
This next pack is of Kuroobi.
Most of this was done before I started using colored clay. The only colored clay used is the black for the hair. I’m still trying to figure out if I should redo this one from the beginning or just cover it up in colored clay.
This next pack is of my attempt at Burgess.
……Yeah, not much done on this one. This is actually a second attempt at the legs because when I made the first attempt, it couldn’t stand on its own. I started Burgess together with the one that I’m currently working on and got more into the other one.
This last pack is of my attempt at Kuro.
This is the one that I am currently working on. Still pretty far from completion but looks far better than the previous attempts. Most of this was done with colored clay so it feels a lot better than the previous attempts. I actually attempted Kuro in my earlier attempts but I only got as far as one hand with the blades. The pose I wanted was more of him pushing up his glasses but that is probably not going to happen.
This is all of my attempts that I still have up and in my room somewhere. I tried showing them to you in order from oldest to newest.
Now you know what distracts me from translating at home.